Freightliner M2 106 Plus
An incredibly versatile medium-duty work truck and class 8 delivery tractor, the M2 106 plus is all about customization.
About the Freightliner M2 106 Plus
The M2 106 Plus supports a wide range of bodies and chassis-mounted equipment as well as a wide variety of powertrain options, including Detroit and Cummins engines, Allison and Eaton transmissions. Can be specced as a day cab, extended cab, or crew cab. All-wheel drive option available.
The M2 106 Plus is designed to tackle any task. With superior visibility, tight turning radius, and noise-insulated cabs, this truck keeps your work site safe and efficient, while never sacrificing driver comfort.
The steel-reinforced aluminum cab is strong, lightweight and rust resistant. These trucks are built to last, making them a smart investment for your fleet.
Because the M2 106 Plus is such a versatile truck, it’s a natural fit for many applications including construction, municipality, utility, towing, refuse, pick-up and delivery, and food service.
Raised Roof Sleeper
Horsepower: 200-360 HP
GVWR: 66,000 lbs.
Torque: 520 to 1150 lb-ft
- 106" BBC
- 132" BBC
- 154" BBC
Flat Leaf Spring
- Mercedes 6 Speed
- Eaton Fuller® 9 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 10 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 11 speed
- Allison 1000 series
- Allison 2000 series
- Allison 3000 series
- Eaton Fuller® 6 speed
- Supports a wide range of bodies and chassis-mounted equipment
- ServiceLink™ diagnostic tools make maintenance and repairs quick and easy
- Clear frame rails back-of-cab and optional full inner-frame reinforcement
- Comfortable, well-appointed aluminum cab with an efficient dash and easy-to-reach automotive style gauges and switches
- A large cab with plenty of head and elbow room, lower cab height with wider and taller doors, and non-slip steps for easy entry/exit
- Standard Solar tinted windshield glass helps prevent glare for a better view of the road
- Multiple interior/exterior grab handles for easy entry/exit
- Low step-in height for easier entry/exit
- Up to a 55-degree wheel cut, a set-back front axle and a swept-back front fender and bumper provide one of the industry’s tightest turning radii, improving wall-to-wall and curb-to-curb maneuverability, especially within neighborhoods
- A large 2,500 square-inch tinted windshield and downward sloping aerodynamic hood provide a clear, wide-open view of the road and work at hand, making it easier for both new and experienced drivers alike to see and drive
- Available with up to 20k lbs. front and 46k lbs. rear axles
- QuickFit is an advanced multiplexed electrical system for simpler TEM interface, programming and access to power.
- QuickFit offers electronic control units to be stored in cab or under hood on the fire wall ease of access and protected from the elements.
- QuickFit connectors are IP67 rated or higher.
- CHEC Tool provides intuitive interface to program switch and body functionality, safety interlocks, and more.
- Optional door-mounted down-view mirrors and a passenger door lower window enhance driver vision around truck and surroundings
- Detroit Assurance available regardless of powertrain selection.
- Detroit Assurance with ABA 5.0 offers Active Brake Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Tailgate Warning, Side Guard Assist, Optional Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent High-Beam, Automatic rain/light sensor.
- Detroit Assurance
- Detroit Connect Virtual Technician comes standard on all vehicles equipped with Detroit engines and provides remote diagnostic services.
- Bendix IntelliPark
- Bendix Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- New Multi-Function Steering Wheel w/ controls for cruise, stereo, phone, etc.
- New Instrument Cluster w/ Driver Command Center displays operating information, important vehicle functions, alerts, settings, and more
- New and improved cab insulation provides improved noise reduction for a quieter and more comfortable cab
- New ergonomic seats designed for optimal driver comfort with more adjustability and reclineability
- Three new trim levels: Professional (standard), Elite, and Rugged
- All new interiors, Dash, Doors, Overhead Console, Headliner and Backwall
- New and more durable Thermoplastic Plyolefins TPO materials for improved fit & finish, driver comfort and quieter cab
- LED cab lighting for increased visibility and longevity
- New rotary headlight switch with available auto headlights and auto high beam function
- Standard electric windows, door locks located on the door.
- New HVAC vents providing improved airflow and driver comfort
- New Standard LED step light on all doors to improve safety of ingress/egress
- Multiple options and locations for RAM mounts and prewire power, ground, and RP1226 connectors for seamless integration of cameras, telematics, and other electronics