SelecTrucks of Jacksonville: How Do I Know When It's Time To Replace My Truck?
Knowing when it’s time to replace your truck can be a difficult business decision. It’s all too easy to get stuck in a never-ending cycle of repairs, hoping with each one that you have solved the problem and can get a few more miles out of your truck. Even if you’ve been diligent in keeping your truck well maintained, at some point it’s costing your business more to try to keep an aging unit in operation.
Here are few factors to consider:
- What is the current value of your truck? If your ratio of repair cost to the value of the vehicle is high, it’s time to start thinking about a replacement. It’s never a good business decision to throw good money after bad, and once the cost of repair outstrips the value of the truck, that’s exactly what you’ll be doing.
- How long will repairs keep your truck in operation? It’s important to consider how much life you’ll really get out of your truck if you do costly repairs. Sometimes it’s hard to know for sure, but if you need to spend thousands to keep it operational for just another few months, it’s probably time to make the investment in a truck that will last longer.
- How old is your truck? Truck maintenance costs typically jump considerably in the seventh year of ownership. If your truck is entering its sixth or seventh year, chances are you have some hefty repairs coming your way.
- It’s also smart to consider the improved safety features a newer model will have, and the fuel savings you’ll see with the more efficient engines and exteriors of a newer truck.
- Be sure to consider if you have the cash flow or financing to replace your truck. If you’re looking to finance, you can find some helpful information here. Our Finance Manager can also talk you through what you’ll need in order to finance and what your options are.
If you think the time is right to replace your truck, our team at SelecTrucks of Jacksonville is knowledgeable and no pressure. Our focus is getting you into a truck that’s the right fit for you and your business. Vehicles we source through Daimler Trucks Remarketing come with 90-day buyer assurance and a free one-year warranty for extra peace of mind. These trucks are also eligible for our $5K Select Your Way down payment match. And to top it all off, SelecTrucks also offers hands-down the best warranties in the industry.
Check out our current inventory here. Your next truck just might be waiting for you!