Growing Since 1947
Bobby & Franklin Finn established Finn Brothers Brake Service in March 1947 specializing in brake sales and service. The location of the shop was 10 Folks Street in Waycross GA. and the phone number was 132. In the early years the brake systems worked on were lever mechanical, hydraulic and trailers were vacuum brakes. Finn Brothers was the place in South Georgia the commercial fleets brought their trucks for brake repair. With the introduction of air brakes many trucks were retrofitted with air compressors and air valves to work the new air brake trailers. Also many of the older vacuum trailers were retrofitted with air systems.
In 1985 after 38 years in partnership together Franklin Finn sold his half of the business to Andy Finn Bobby’s son. In 1986 Bobby and Andy built a new facility located across the street from the old location at 708 Francis Street in Waycross. Bobby retired in 1990 and Andy Finn took full ownership.
Over the years Finn Brothers expanded into other areas such as parts sales, trailer hitch sales and installation. However the repairs of all automotive brakes on cars and fleet trucks remained the focus of the repair facility.
In August of 2012 after 65 years in business Andy Finn sold the business to Tom Nehl Truck Company. Andy Finn continues with Tom Nehl and works there today as Parts Manager.